BRISTOL SPRINGS GREEN HYDROGEN PROJECT
Clean Energy Solution in the heart of Western Australia
STAGE ONE GREEN HYDROGEN
LOW COST OPERATION
ONE OF AUSTRALIA’S LOWEST COST GREEN HYDROGEN PROJECTS
WORLD CLASS EXISTING INFRASTRUCTURE
GRID CONNECTION, PORTS, ROADS, WORKFORCE
The Bristol Springs Green Hydrogen Project is located 120km from Perth in the South West of Western Australia and is on track to become one of the first, low cost green hydrogen projects in Australia.
The Company completed a Pre-Feasibility Study on the Project in 2022 which found that Stage One (114MW solar farm) would produce approximately 4.4 million kilograms of green hydrogen per annum.
The highlight of the Study is the low estimated cost (inclusive of capital)1 of $2.83 per kilogram of hydrogen produced. Based on publicly available data, this is expected to place the Project as one of the lowest cost producers of green hydrogen in Australia.
The low cost is largely driven by the Project’s location, which utilises major existing infrastructure surrounding the Project. This infrastructure includes connection to the existing Landwehr Terminal, allowing for excess solar renewable energy to be sold via the South West Interconnected System (“SWIS” – Western Australia’s main energy grid) as well as multiple existing water sources meaning there is no requirement for capital intensive infrastructure such as desalination.
The Project is ideally located in close proximity to multiple major infrastructure projects that both accelerate the time to first production and reduce the overall capital cost. These include:
330kV, 132kV and 66kV lines
- >4km of Bristol Springs
- Connected to SWIS
Landwehr Power Terminal
- 33/330kV transformer
- Connected to the SWIS which connects 2.3M customers in Western Australia
- 3.5km from Bristol Springs
Gas Branching Point
- Dampier – Bunbury Pipeline (DBNGP)
- One of the largest capacity natural gas pipelines in Australia
- Study to include Hydrogen – underway (AGIG)
- 3km from Bristol Springs
- 4 World class ports (Bunbury/Kwinana/Henderson/Fremantle)
- All within 110km from Bristol Springs
- +160,000 people within 60km from Bristol Springs
- Bunbury – 71,000 / Mandurah 88,000 / Waroona 5,000
- 5km from Forrest Hwy
- Major road connecting SW WA